Friday, October 1, 2010

Question time!

Today we bring you a question that has given us one of our followers. We hope that you respond to him.
"I am a happy owner of a Nikon D300 that I use in conjunction with a 18-200mmVR.Among the different types of photography I prefer the kind of "portrait".Assuming that I'm an amateur photographer and I shoot for sheer pleasure of it; which aim would you recommend for the genre portraits among the listed below(I hope the letters are correct)?
1) AF-S 50mm f/1.4 G;2) AF 85mm f / 1,8 D;3) AF-S VR 105mm f / 2.8
Greetings to all from Paris
Hello 
Paul "



3 comments:

jack said...

I think 1) AF-S 50mm f/1.4 G

Josh Weiss said...

Fabio, I posted this a mintue ago, but don't see it now. Though I don't have it, I say the 85. It is a nicer portrait depth, gets you a little distance from your subject, gives you nice limited DOF and only 1 stop slower than the 50 (though probably more expensive). The 105 is slower and probably too long of a lens with a DX sensor.

Unrelated I would appreciate a link to my petition regarding the D7000s video mode.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/d7000video/signatures

Paul said...

Thank you Josh, the information is very useful, I'll try to put them into practice in the coming days!

Post a Comment